What's new
ButRed - Free Classified Ads Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contabo is full of illiterate people. They don't even know how what is date & client history

A

Anonymous (928c)

I am making this post under frustration.
I've never seen such a company which has useless staff who don't even know how to check dates and keep on sending suspension mail every month.

My story:
I bought 1 VPS from contabo on date:2017/11/27
Now on January 24 2018 they sent me a mail about suspension of my VPS. They litirally suspended my VPS and said my VPS IP was under abusive usage:
A part of their message:

We have received complaints about your server vmi15xxxx, specifically about the following IP address(es):
This message was in my spam box and I never check spam mails.
Since my VPS was totally suspended my business was facing issues as I used to have 10-20k visitors everyday.
Compliane was made by another company call Bitninja that my IP was doing malicious attacks on their clients website.
Now when I checked the report quotes in mail I saw that all those malicous attacks were done before 2017/11/27
It means that attacks were performed by someother contabo client who was on same IP.
Now contabo sent me mail about the attacks done by someother client. Since they suspended my VPS.
Since mail was in spam and I didn't checked it hence my server was suspended & I came to know about it after suspension.
After checking the report I sent contabo complete detail.
Copy of my mail:

"
Code:
I checked the report that was included in that mail by bitninja.io

Link: https://bitninja.io/incidentReport.php?details=xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Here's my complete info:

1. Log of last 100 incidents sent by bitninja.io are 0% valid. If you check the date of those incidents it's from 2017-11-01 to 2017-11-08 Now, this is 100% invalid report becaused bitninja sent the report after a long time.

2. Now, if you check my contabo account history I bought 3 VPS. A) Recent VPS which I bought 2 days ago B) VPS that was suspended just now C) There was another VPS which I bought was VPS M and upgraded it to VPS M SSD but contabo system did not deleted that old VPS and my news VPS was running. So, both the VPS were running of same IP and were switching on every 5-10 minutes. I have explained this to one your contabo member via support@contabo.com month ago.

3. Recent incident in that report was made on 2018-02-17 12:04:38 but it's not an attack. You can clearly see that it says pingback. It's obvious that one the blog must be doing my website's pingback or vice-versa which is not an attack.

4. Report given by bitninja contains 100 recent incidents and none of those incidents show the date after 8th November 2017.

I have given you a details analysis of that report. Kindly check the dates before suspending the VPS. It’s the 2nd time Contabo is sending me same abuse report. This report belongs to the person who was having VPS on same IP before me.

2nd Proof:

I bought contabo VPS on 27 November 2017 and report sent be bitninja.io is for date: 1 November 2017 to 8 November 2017

Seems like I was not using contabo VPS during that time and this report doesn't belong to me. So, the allegations made are totally fake and are not meant for me. Your previous customer was on the same IP and must have done those attacks and then he removed his VPS and his IP was given to me all his faults are named under my account.

It’s it bad to see Contabo not even checking the report.

Such an act by good company is not accepted.

I've been using the VPS for my news websites and also planning to expand my business to 6 VPS. But seening the current fake incidents it doesn’t seem I will buy further more VPS from you.

I am happy with contabo VPS but please check the report date of bitninja because according to mentioned incident date, VPS might be the old one which I upgraded to current one and no malicious activity reports after the date I upgraded to new one.

Kindly do a proper check on this IP and before sending abuse emails to clients kindly do proper check from your side also I hope you got complete scenario now.

Regards,

xxxxxxxxxxxx
After this they enabled my VPS without extra cost because IP does not belonged to me while someone was attacking.

Now on 5/02/2018 they sent me same abusive usage & VPS suspension mail & replied them with the same message as above.
Now on 17/02/2018 they again sent me same abusive usage & VPS suspension mail & replied them with the same message as above.

Why the hell those stupied people don't check the report and client history.
You guys keep on sending me suspension mail like you are bullying me. Do you guys just need those 30 Euro???????????????????????

Now if I forget to check the mail and don't reply to this they just suspend my VPS and even delete my data if I don't reply to them.

I don't this these guys know what is data and client history.

Literally I don't want to recommend anyone to buy contabo VPS & if you buy or you are their clinet then do make daily backups because you never know when they will suspend your VPS.

I am only using it because they offer cheap VPS. If I get someother provider I will instantly leave it.

Currently I have 2 VPS and was going to buy 1 more but I don't think I would make a long term plan with contabo. That's why I always make monthly payment to stay away from being scammed because they don't offer refund.
Last edited by itscoldice; 02-17-2018 at 11:29 AM.